By “Personal Information” we mean information that is associated with a specific person and can be used to reasonably identify that person. Personal information does not include information that has been made anonymous and cannot reasonably identify a specific person.
What personal information do we collect and how do we collect it?
We collect personal information about you when you contact us, use our products or services, visit our Websites or deal with us in some other way. This may include:
- Information about your identity, such as your name, address, phone number, email, date of birth, gender and marital status.
- When you visit our websites, your location information, IP address, mobile device and network information, and any third-party sites you access. For more information about how we do this, see the “Cookies” section below.
- Details of your interactions with us.
We also collect information about you from other sources, such as:
- our Partners
- family members
How do we use your personal information?
We use personal information that is necessary to perform Community Resources’ Services, that is otherwise reasonably necessary for our business activities or as required by law, court or a tribunal order.
We may use personal information collected about you for several business purposes, including:
- to confirm your identity
- to provide (or assess whether to provide) Community Resources products or services
- to manage our relationship with you
- to design, manage, price and provide Community Resources Services
- to learn more about your level of satisfaction, your expectations of us, and how we can meet them
- to contact you via telephone, text (SMS), email, advertising through our websites, mail or as otherwise authorised by you under any applicable agreement with us
- to process transactions for the delivery of goods or services available through our websites
- to minimise risks and identify or investigate fraud and other illegal activities
- to deliver targeted marketing, service update notices, and promotional offers based on your communication preferences
- to consider you for a position at Community Resources for which you have applied
- to compare information for accuracy and verify it with third parties
- for the purpose of performing data analytics including to improve our services
- for other purposes to which you have consented
- to manage our businesses
- as required or permitted by relevant laws and regulations, including for the purposes of assisting government or law enforcement agencies.
You agree we may use your personal information for the purposes for which we collect it and for related purposes which would be reasonably expected by you.
How is personal information used for marketing purposes?
Community Resources may send marketing materials from time to time about products and services offered by Community Resources to those who have provided us with personal information. You can opt-out at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the message or by contacting the sender of an email and requesting to be unsubscribed. You can also login to your account to opt-out and update your marketing preferences at any time.
If you choose to opt-out or update your marketing preferences, please allow us sufficient time to process your marketing preferences. We may still contact you for transactional or informational purposes, for example, customer service issues, enquiries relating to Community Resources Services, outstanding payment enquiries, surveys or recalls, or any questions regarding a specific request.
Who do we share personal information with?
We will generally only disclose your personal information to other persons for the main purposes for which you provided it to us.
We may share your Personal Information with:
- Our Partners and the suppliers and service providers who help with our business operations including in relation to fraud prevention, identity verification, payment collection, marketing and customer services
- Our Partners and third-party suppliers so they can provide goods or services to you (or the recipient of third-party goods or services) or respond to a complaint by you, or to help them improve the quality and standard of service they provide to you
- Law enforcement, government agencies or officials, or other third parties pursuant to a subpoena, court order, or other legal process or requirement applicable to Community Resources or when we believe, in our sole discretion, that the disclosure of Personal Information is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss or to report suspected illegal activity
- Your nominated referees so that we may check your references if you are applying for a position with Community Resources
- Other third parties with your consent or direction to do so
- Parties involved in a prospective or actual transfer of assets or our business.
- Community Resources currently has no need to disclose personal information to overseas recipients.
- You should note third-party suppliers you buy goods or services from or contract with (even if such goods or services are purchased using Community Resources’ Services) have their own privacy policies, and Community Resources is not responsible for their actions, including their information protection practices.
The Privacy Act protects your sensitive information (e.g., information about your religion, ethnicity, health or biometrics). In the event we need this type of information, we’ll ask for your permission, except where otherwise allowed by law.
How can you access or correct your personal information?
We will strive to ensure that information about you is accurate when we collect or use it. Subject to some exceptions under privacy law, we will let you see the information we hold about you and correct it if it is inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date. If we do not grant you access to your personal information or do not agree to correct your personal information we will tell you why.
Unless we do not agree to your request for access to personal information, in most cases Community Resources will provide you with access as soon as reasonably possible following receipt of your request. If you request corrections to your personal information and Community Resources agrees with your request, these changes will be made as soon as practicable. If Community Resources does not agree to your request for correction, we will notify you of the reasons. If you are dissatisfied with our refusal to provide you with access to, or correct, your Personal Information you may also complain to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner in writing via www.oaic.gov.au or mail to Office of the Australian information Commissioner, GPO Box 5218, Sydney NSW.
To make a request to access and/or correct your personal information, please contact use via: [email protected].
Cookies - What are cookies?
Cookies are small pieces of information stored on your hard drive, not on Community Resources’ Website. Cookies set by a website owner (in this case, Community Resources) are called “first-party cookies”. Cookies set by parties other than the website owner are called “third-party cookies”. Third-party cookies enable third-party features or functionality to be provided on or through a website (e.g., like advertising, interactive content and analytics). The parties that set these third-party cookies can recognise your computer both when it visits the website in question and also when it visits certain other websites.
We use first-party and third-party cookies for several reasons. Some cookies are required for Website functionality, and we refer to these as “essential” or “strictly necessary” cookies. Other cookies also enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance the experience on our websites. Third parties may serve cookies through our websites for advertising, analytics and other purposes. Cookies served through our websites include:
- Essential website cookies: strictly necessary to provide you with services available through our websites and to use some of its features, such as access to secure areas.
- Performance and functionality cookies: enhance performance of our websites.
- Analytics and customisation cookies: collect information used either in aggregate form to help us understand how our websites are being used or how effective are marketing campaigns are, or to help us customise our websites for you.
- Advertising cookies: used to make advertising messages more relevant to you.
Opting out from Cookies and analytics
Most internet browsers are set to accept cookies. If you prefer not to receive them, you can adjust your internet browser to reject cookies, or to notify you when they are being used. There are also software products available that can manage cookies for you. Rejecting cookies can, however, limit the functionality of our websites (such as preventing users from logging on and making transactions).
Complaints or enquiries
If you have any enquiries, wish to access or correct your Personal Information, or make a complaint about the way Community Resources has handled your personal information, you may contact our Privacy Officer in writing by email to the address below. Please include your full name, contact details and a detailed description of your request. Our Privacy Officer will acknowledge your complaint and respond to you regarding your complaint within a reasonable period of time.
Email: [email protected].