DLAP- Driver Licensing Access Program
Homebase’s Driver Licensing Access Program (DLAP) helps people navigate the
licensing pathways from pre-learners to a full license.
The program is funded by NSW Roads and Maritime Services.
We operate in Gloucester, Taree and The Great Lakes.
We can provide assistance with:
- Helping you attend Service NSW
- Gaining the required identification and applying for a license.
- Access to a computer and assistance with the Driver Knowledge Test (DKT) practice test
- Help to Improve literacy, numeracy and computer skills
- An exemption from the DKT testing fee*
*Subject to completion of the practice testing.
Learners – Full licence
- Complimentary professional lessons with a certified Driving School
- Access to roadworthy vehicles to gain hours & sit testing
- Volunteer driver mentoring and supervision to complete hours
- Debt negotiation and management
DLAP is aimed towards community members who are disadvantaged and have barriers to gaining or regaining their license.
While priority for driving hours and driving lessons is given to those ages between 17 and 25, we can provide assistance to community members outside this age.
Interested in being involved? Either as a participant or volunteer driving mentor then please contact us